In this article, we’ve listed the best data architect training courses for online certification to take in 2021. We’ve reviewed several MOOC platforms to find the best certification course to become Data Architect.
There is a raise in Data Architect jobs around the world and the salary is quite good. According to Payscale.com, the average Data Architect salary is around $111,139 per year.
Before we list the best Data Architect course online training, let’s understand the difference between Date Engineer and Data Architect.
While Data Engineer’s and Data Articetect’s job responsibilities are similar, there are few notable differences. The role of a Data Architect is to develop a Data Architecture, which allows data of the organization to be well maintained, organized, and centralized.
But Data Engineer role involves them to perform testing and to maintain their system to keep the data accessible and work as expected.
TL;DR | In a Hurry?
If you don’t have much time, use the below links to find the best data architect certification course. Rest assured we only recommend the best online course for data architect training courses:
–Data Architect by Udacity is our top recommendation, it offers great resources to get started and great career services. All in one package.
Best Data Architect Course Online Certification 2021
1. Become a Data Architect – Udacity
Udacity’s Data Architect Nanodegree is the perfect course to take if you’re looking for big data architect certification. If you have the intermediate skills of SQL, Python programming language, and know the basics of Data Pipelines; you are more than qualified to take this course. Here you’ll begin learning from the basic foundation such as principles of data architecture and characteristics of a good Data Architect. Before you begin you can review and download the syllabus from Udacity.
The training will involve classroom training starting immediately after enrollment. Once the foundations of data architecture are completed, you will advance the class to learn to design the data model and create an ERD. There are 4 sections in this course, each with a mini-project to help you enhance the data architect skills and learnings from the theory class. Udacity offers great mentor support and career services to all the students who sign up and these are a great value-added service along with rich learning material.
Key takeaways of this course:
- The learning resources are excellent that keep students on track.
- You will learn to design and build a database from scratch.
- Includes assignments from the real-world where the actual data architects work one every day. This will give you more edge towards learning when you sign up via Udacity.
- Learn to apply the principles of data governance to the company’s data management system.
- Provides a good flexible learning program for every student with great learning material.
- Offers technical mentor support who answers all your questions and access to an improved student community.
Students who sign up for Udacity to become data architects will have to dedicate a minimum of 5-10 hours every week. And in 4 months you will finally earn a Data Architect Professional certification.
2. Big Data Architect Masters Program – Edureka
Edureka has designed an excellent curriculum with enormous resources to help you become Data Architect with their master’s program. This master’s program syllabus contains 9 courses, all bundled together in one package. The good thing about this program is that anyone can take this course as it doesn’t have any prerequisite to get started. Every course starts with the basic foundation by taking into account that no students are missed out on any topics.
It includes training on Spark stack, Talend, Hadoop, Cassandra, and Apache Kafka. The curriculum is carefully curated by performing thorough research on over 5k job descriptions across the globe. Data Architect jobs have a growing demand and due to a lack of skills, Data Architect has several roles to fill in several sectors such as healthcare, retail, BFSI, manufacturing, and more. Like Udacity’s certification, Edureka’s certification program is also valuable to help recruiters easily recognize that you are equipped with the right tools and skills needed for the job.
Key takeaways of this course:
- It doesn’t have any prerequisite skills to take this learning program, hence anyone can enroll and start learning from scratch.
- The learning includes over 200 hours of interactive learning from Edureka training staff.
- It is a blend of both self-paced and instructor-led training.
- Since the course is very detailed and comprehensive it would take about 25 weeks to complete it.
- Provides a 360-degree understanding of big data ecosystems. It means you are trained to equip with the industry skill set from the beginning.
This is one of the best big data architecture training courses to enroll in due to its huge syllabus to learn everything about Data Architect. It literally prepares you for the real world Data Architect job.
3. QlikSense Data Architect Masterclass – Udemy
In this Udemy Data Architect course, you will learn and master the skills needed to develop Qlik Sense from scratch. QlikSense Data Architect course you can be taken by beginner developers who are interested in QlikSence scripting to build a data model. In this Data Architect masterclass, the instructor provides step-by-step instruction with every detail. Throughout the course, you will get several hands-on challenges and examples to master the technical skills to develop for the enterprise.
The topics covered in this section include data connections, data cleansing, resolving issues of data models, transforming source data, and data model security. Once you enroll, students will get lifetime access to the resources. It comes with 3 articles and 4 downloadable resources.
Key takeaways of this course:
- Gain access to the course materials on any device – mobile, or PC.
- Using QlikSense, you’ll create a data model, develop, and debug scripts.
- You learn how to create and maintain data connections and optimize to improve performance.
- Learn to manage security with Section Access.
- Contains video training of over 6.5 hours.
Over 3.6k students have enrolled in this course to master Data Architecture and have good ratings on Udemy. You can complete this course in a week.
Summary: Best Certification for Data Architect
These are the best data architect course online training that you can take with a reputable certificate. Every course is listed here was thoroughly researched before adding it to our list of best Data Architect courses.
If you’re just starting out, we recommend that you enroll in Edureka masterclass program since it teaches most of the skills from the basics including programming language. Go for the Udacity Data Architect course, if you are already familiar with Python, SQL, and ETL/Data Pipelines.
* We sometimes use affiliate links in our content, meaning we’ll receive a commission when you buy something via links. This won’t cost you anything but it helps us to offset the costs of our editorial team and keeps this website alive.