Logic and critical thinking are two of the most sought-after areas of which people seek to enhance their intellectual quotient. Logic is a combination of all that can be drawn to find a suitable acceptance of any proposition. On the other hand, critical thinking is the attitude in which logic can be brought forth and utilized to its fullest degree. The harmonious union between these two is what separates intellect from ignorance.
Hence let’s find out why logic and critical thinking online courses should be taken by anyone who wants to get better than your previous self.
Humans have evolved in a way that has surpassed the potential of any other living creatures on the planet. It goes without saying that while we are still at the top of the food chain, modern-day human beings are getting more intelligent every day. Some of you might be wondering what it would take to nurture your brain during quarantine; well, let’s talk about some of the best logical and critical thinking course options to help you start the journey in becoming more competent and more intellectually efficient.
The Importance of Logic and Critical Thinking
In a Hurry?
If you don’t have much time, use the below links to find the best online course for Logic and Critical Thinking to learn online. Rest assured we only recommend the best course:
–Introduction to Logical and Critical Thinking Specialization by Coursera is best suitable for beginners, it teaches the fundamentals so that anyone from any level can understand the contents.
It isn’t that hard to appreciate the journey humans have tread since the dawn of civilization. Since discovering many significant milestones in our history, intelligence has become synonymous with being human and having the ability to reason. However, while IQ scores are going up, many people are still oblivious because one must nurture the brain regularly to retain intellectual sharpness and the desire to seek wisdom.
The plethora of values that we are compelled to uphold every day is proof of the importance of increasing our brain capacity. Studying the nature of logic and its effect on critical thinking enables humans to be more precise, accurate, and decisive when making important choices. Doing so requires dedication, resolve, and the willingness to improve oneself despite the unknown.
Humanity may be moving forward in terms of intelligence, but morality suffers from being blinded by innovation. With superiority comes arrogance, which explains why the world’s rationality is at risk due to the existence of people who wish to exploit those who are ignorant. Understanding the basic theory behind logic and critical thinking will enable you to circumvent these risks.
Best Logic and Critical Thinking Online Courses
Let’s check out the best course to learn the impact of Logic and Critical thinking that improves in your life.
1. Logical and Critical Thinking – Futurelearn
Most people would say that they ring the bell on their logic and critical thinking all the time, but very few are educated on how to use it effectively. Some of you may be thinking about enrolling in the “What is logic and critical thinking class” at some point, but choosing the right platform can be pretty tricky, especially if you don’t know where to start.
Fortunately, the University of Auckland offers a fantastic logic and critical thinking course on Futurelearn for everyone to learn about the topic while enjoying the comforts of home. However, while the course is an amazing combination of various techniques and meaningful information, the decision is yours to make. This article exists to help you choose the best approach for your needs.
Key takeaways of this course:
- Accurately differentiate cognitive patterns that lead to mistakes and flawed beliefs.
- Efficiently formulate compelling arguments based on concrete ideas and facts.
- Analyze argumentative loopholes and utilize standardized logical and critical thinking methods to your advantage.
- Apply the strategies, methodologies, and concepts learned to real situations that will benefit from them.
- At the end of the 8-week course, you will have successfully acquired all the necessary tools and skills needed to take advantage of your innate logical and critical thinking abilities.
2. Introduction to Logical and Critical Thinking Specialization – Coursera
Coursera offers a great platform to explore the possibilities of honing your logical and critical thinking skills. To become more efficient in using these natural abilities, you will need to start learning at the core of what makes logic and critical thinking so intertwined. The specialization will trade your time and resources with proper education on the standards of practical reasoning, deduction, and assessment of intricate argumentative fallacies.
The course will also teach you why some of the most complicated arguments can be given by individuals from all walks of life and not just those who are well-educated. Coursera’s best logic and critical thinking course will be a great way to jumpstart your intellectual journey today.
Key takeaways of this course:
- Decipher arguments on a deeper, cognitive level, and be appreciative of the conversational points presented by others.
- Introduction on the five primary forms of inductive arguments.
- Understand the nature of logical and critical thinking fallacies.
As a bonus, the course will challenge you to an optional final project of constructing an argument based on a topic that piques your interest.
3. Rational Compassion Masterclass: Critical Thinking for Good – Udemy
Rationality goes hand in hand with the basic understanding of practical psychology and the desire to change. Every tangible unit of effort spent on hard work is wasted when there are better ways to make use of the 24 hours you have each day. Udemy is a great place to make the change more efficient as their courses are one of the highest-rated classes with a superior success rate in changing individuals compared to other sources.
In this carefully constructed system, you will be educated on the different facets of cognition concerning being more impactful, working smarter, and exuding confidence in various intellectual situations. The course is offered by Udemy and is a remarkable logic and critical thinking online course that will take your understanding of working smarter as opposed to working harder with minimal returns.
Key takeaways of this course:
- Explore the effectiveness of rational compassion and your impact on outcomes.
- Differentiate participation from impactful existence in critical situations.
- Surpass intellectual prejudice and understand logical fallacies.
- Learn how to use critical thinking in real situations.
- Get educated in working smart, not hard.
Take the time to follow and read about the logic and critical thinking course outline that the instructor has laid out for you by visiting Udemy. The course contains five sections with 48 lectures, which puts class lecture time to approximately 4 hours and 19 minutes. However, the completion rate will depend on the learner and how the information is absorbed.
Summary: Best Logic and Critical Thinking Course
These are the best Logic and Critical Thinking online courses that we found to be noteworthy. Although there are several other training courses, nothing can match the objectives of the courses listed in this article. All the tutorials and training courses that are covered here are some of the best.
* We sometimes use affiliate links in our content, meaning we’ll receive a commission when you buy something via links. This won’t cost you anything but it helps us to offset the costs of our editorial team and keeps this website alive.