Today, online learning is evolving to become the next frontier for education and general absorption of knowledge. Moreover, the people who do upgrade themselves boast the acquisition of multiple certificates, all through the comforts of home.
Indeed, the arrival of online platforms specifically designed to educate are now avenues to help people achieve their dreams.
While not particularly a newcomer, Udacity is moving to become the leading provider of online courses geared towards data science, information technology, and related fields. Since its launch, the platform continues to add significant improvements for the benefit of its students. Moving on, let us further discuss the different aspects of Udacity and find out if it is worth it in 2021.
Udacity: The Digital and Technological Skills Provider
Udacity is an online learning podium that provides programs to help you become experts in the digital field. As one of the leading providers, the platform aims to give you the best opportunities after graduation. Moreover, instructors are hand-picked from the best universities and are masters of their respective fields.
Here are some of the key takeaways of enrolling at Udacity:
- Employment Skills Acquisition – As mentioned earlier, only the best-suited instructors can impart their knowledge to students. More importantly, partners from various sectors of leading industries designed the highest-quality curriculums. Lastly, the skills you acquire are tailor-made to fit company requirements from all over the globe.
- Practical Application – Despite the competition, Udacity continues to provide industry-leading results with its programs. Further, active learning in fields such as data science allows students to acquire skills in real-time. Indeed, hands-on projects inspire the practical application of the lessons learned from respective courses.
- Self-paced Learning – Many online courses promise students a flexible schedule but often hide binding conditions that dull the experience. Udacity is one of the first to introduce completely self-paced and flexible programs. More importantly, all the requirements and conditions are entirely transparent upon enrollment.
- Community-driven and Service-oriented – If you’re still asking yourself, “Are Udacity courses worth it?” then you probably haven’t heard of their community. Indeed, it seems pretty convenient for a company to offer fully-supported feedback systems for students and instructors. Yes, you have full 24/7 cooperation from professors regarding any related topic at any time throughout your course.
Coverage: Who is Udacity For?
You may have noticed from the get-go, but Udacity is an open platform for everyone to use. Not only that, the company strives to provide coverage for every type of consumer, be it corporate, individual, or government use. Fortunately, the opportunities for anyone who wants to develop their career effectively are made easier with Udacity.
As an individual, the platform allows you to nurture skills to develop your job or future career. Moving on, the enterprise and government share similar benefits as the platform provides transformation of employees. More importantly, the skills acquired to become the driving force towards business success and government improvement.
If you’re still undecided about fitting the spectrum for the platform’s coverage, there are a plethora of Udacity course reviews on the internet. More importantly, these come from mostly credible sources; make sure you’re looking in the right place.
On a final note, their current curriculum is designed to get approval from various companies, making it so that the job-oriented skills you gain from Udacity become irreplaceable talents for building actual projects. As a student, you receive an assignment to a dedicated mentor that will guide you every step of the way and hone your skills to their fullest potential.
Global Standard: Identification
As mentioned earlier, Udacity promises a global standard for each of its courses. Furthermore, the quality training extends even after completion, establishing a solid relationship between mentor and student. These post-graduate relationships you form with mentors become the backbone for the certification Udacity provides as one of your achievements.
Indeed, the age-old question of “Is Udacity nanodegree accredited” finally receives confirmation. Yes, nanodegree certifications at Udacity are accredited and recognized by industry leaders worldwide. However, take note that these certifications are not academically accredited.
Finally, you can now finish the course with confidence, knowing that your certificate will take recognition from most of the companies you might be applying for. Unsurprisingly, the platform is building a reputation of becoming a staple quality of every resume in the digital and technological field. If you have a Udacity nanodegree, there is a high probability of becoming the prime candidate for a job.
Yes, you read that right. Udacity is a viable means to expand your network and influence. For this reason alone, any criticisms regarding Udacity courses reviews are conveniently put in their place. Several job portals and companies segregate candidate profiles according to key resume elements, and Udacity provides connections with them for you. Moreover, growing a network with popular sites such as LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glasswork will enable you to match your skills with a potential job opportunity.
Luckily, you don’t have to ask anyone, “Is Udacity worth it?” as following the steps of senior alumni and fellow students should answer that for you. The platform boasts a near-perfect success rate for turning students into professionals of their fields right after course completion. Of course, this falls within the grace period of a natural individual willing to go out and speak with prospective employers provided by Udacity.
- Optimal Application – After completing your desired course at Udacity, they go above and beyond by helping you review the ideal elements in applying for a job. More or less, Udacity will give you several structured directions you can take to receive notice from employers.
- Future-proofing – All Udacity nanodegree programs offer viable career paths to students. After completion, you attain the right to boast Udacity as one of the deciding factors for acceptance into your dream job. Is a Udacity nanodegree recognized? You can rest assured that 95% of the time, a company will acknowledge any background with the platform before application.
Features and Offerings: The Udacity Experience
Touching further on the topic of what you can expect when enrolling at Udacity, there are three main features the platform proudly advertises. “Is Udacity Worth it?” You may ask, well, carry on and find out more about the unique offerings that this online learning platform provides its students.
Here are three of the main features that Udacity offers:
- Nanodegree Programs – The bread and butter of each course is the certification called a “nanodegree.” More importantly, these programs aren’t just a combination of related subjects but a unique collection of practical application tests, challenging quizzes, and meaningful workshops. Lastly, you can take pride knowing that your course received designs from hand-picked experts and licensed professionals worldwide.
- Free Education – Udacity offers free education in the form of introductory and practical lessons for aspiring students. Moreover, these aren’t like the basic free tutorials you see on the internet, but genuinely good starter courses for when you decide to pursue a Nanodegree program officially.
- Mentorship – If you’re already a veteran professional in your field, then chances are, you might be looking to impart your knowledge to others. Fortunately, Udacity offers a mentorship program for those looking to become reliable mentors to upcoming students. As a mentor, you can access Nanodegree programs for free and review various areas that a student may need help with. Individually, you will be able to grow your knowledge and relationships with industry leaders and experts along the way.
- Instructor Opportunities – Much like the mentorship roles, landing a job as an instructor also shares the same direction. However, this stage requires you to be one of the best in the industry. More importantly, you must envision and uphold the best learning environment for students possible. Udacity offers instructors the chance to create courses at any time and implement it while communicating with experts and professionals from the digital tech industry.
Verdict: Is Udacity Worth Your Time and Resources in 2021?
A unanimous and conclusive answer to the final portion of this article is YES. Indeed, Udacity is a worthy investment to make in 2021 despite all the criticism it gets from the competition. More importantly, the platform gained further success during the pandemic situation of 2019 and onwards due to the increased need for work-from-home and learn-from-home alternatives.
Udacity is one of the industry’s best avenues for cultivating latent abilities and creating opportunities to showcase new ones. The Nanodegree program is among the most sought-after achievements that tech companies want in their applicants. In simpler terms, having a Nanodegree will boost your chances of getting approval when applying for a job in 2021.
As technology advances, so will the methods to attain knowledge and wisdom. Likewise, Udacity continues to improve and elevate its standard for excellence amongst rival platforms. You can proudly hold the badge of certification each Nanodegree offers to make your resume stand out. As a whole, the Udacity experience is jam-packed with meaningful experiences and training to turn your life around and start reaching greater heights.
What are you waiting for? The time to start cultivating raw talent is now, and Udacity covers everything you need to start digesting knowledge today.
* We sometimes use affiliate links in our content, meaning we’ll receive a commission when you buy something via links. This won’t cost you anything but it helps us to offset the costs of our editorial team and keeps this website alive.